Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New pics

Well, we're still waiting for the green-light to leave (as we have been for a while now) and are still looking to leave any day. In the meantime they gave us a few updated pics of Jaidyn (Oanh).



Saturday, May 19, 2007

Get Ready, Get Ready and WAIT

For those of you who are wondering if we are flying at the moment the answer is no. We have been delayed another week. Our new target date is May 30. We are told they are meeting with officials tomorrow or Mon and hopefully this will be confirmed at that time. The problem is our frequent flier miles won't work next weekend since it is a holiday so we may be going really early or paying for flights. We have been told that the director of our agency visited Jaidyn's orphanage and she appears to be doing well. Pictures are supposed to be on the way and we will post them once we have them.

Friday, May 18, 2007

To Leave or Not to Leave

For anyone who is wondering whether we are leaving this weekend that is the question of the hour. We received our visas today and have airline tickets on hold for a flight tomorrow at 5:30pm. The catch is we have not received final confirmation to leave yet. Our caseworker said she will call us if we need to leave so we will have to wait till late morning before we know whether to book the flight. Please be praying as this is the last flight we can take with Delta and still get to Vietnam by Wed, Thurs or Fri (all the days they are currently targeting). After that we will have to frantically find an airline that is leaving Sun, Mon or possibly Tues and pay lots of money or we will be postponed another week or two. That's the latest craziness we find ourselves in. :)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Almost Confirmed

We spoke with our case worker today and were told that they are working on the final confirmation. We got the go ahead to get our visas today and put airline tickets on hold. We hope to get confirmation in the next few days. We are hoping and praying our visas will come Thurs so we can fly out on Sat or Sun at the latest. Who said you can't leave the country for 3 weeks in just a few days?:)

Friday, May 11, 2007

Progress

Yesterday we signed the letter of acceptance. I have no idea what that means as far as our timeline now but at least it is progress. We will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the prayers.

Friday, May 4, 2007

GR Date Moved Back Again

Today our agency informed us that they have not received confirmation for May 15th so it appears this date is not going to work so they are going to start targeting May 23rd. In other provinces the time between referral and travel is about 30 days, it has now been almost 90 days for us. Please continue to pray as the agency and we are becoming very frustrated.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tentative Giving/Receiving Ceremony Date

Hey everyone,

Today we found out that our adoption agency is targeting May 15th for the giving/receiving ceremony date. We were told this isn't concrete yet, but we maybe closer. Coincidently that happens to be Heather's birthday. Great day for a birthday present :)