Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Some News
Yesterday our caseworker emailed and said that Phu Tho is starting to schedule ceremonies for the back logged families. They expect that we could have a date by July 10th. Don't know if that means we could travel in the next few weeks or if we will just have a date for later in the month. We'll keep everyone posted.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Current status
Hi everyone. We have still not heard anything. There was a big meeting of the adoption authorities in Hanoi on Wed. It was to hopefully give the DIA (the top authority of adoptions in Vietnam) actual authority with the provinces. We are told that the head man at the DIA is working on getting ceremonies scheduled in Phu Tho for back logged families. We are still waiting to see what will come of all of that. Jaidyn will be 6 months tomorrow. Thanks for all your prayers we feel them and are very thankful for all the support.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Update
For those of you who are wondering we are still waiting. We no longer have a target date but an asap date. Our agency says they have given up targeting a date but are trying for as soon as possible, whatever that means. Apparently there are other families ahead of us from other adoption agencies but there is hope that we could be combined with their ceremony so who knows. I guess we are on stand by. Our bags are packed and we are ready to leave at a moments notice although we'll see what the plane situation is at that point, hopefully we'll have enough notice to get there on time b/c I think the other families are traveling from Hong Kong which is closer. It appears our frequent fliers are not going to work since it is heading into the busy time of summer and almost everything is blacked out. Hopefully some airline will give us cheap adoption fares on very short notice. :) It also appears that we will probably have to renew our visas if we do not leave soon.
I was up on and off all night praying and this morning I woke up with a song in my head. I'm not sure on the title just the line that "God will make a way where there seems to be no way." That is our promise that we are holding on to. Please continue to pray as we are on and off very frustrated and discouraged. Today is better as God has given me a promise to hold on to. :)
I was up on and off all night praying and this morning I woke up with a song in my head. I'm not sure on the title just the line that "God will make a way where there seems to be no way." That is our promise that we are holding on to. Please continue to pray as we are on and off very frustrated and discouraged. Today is better as God has given me a promise to hold on to. :)
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
New pics
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Get Ready, Get Ready and WAIT
For those of you who are wondering if we are flying at the moment the answer is no. We have been delayed another week. Our new target date is May 30. We are told they are meeting with officials tomorrow or Mon and hopefully this will be confirmed at that time. The problem is our frequent flier miles won't work next weekend since it is a holiday so we may be going really early or paying for flights. We have been told that the director of our agency visited Jaidyn's orphanage and she appears to be doing well. Pictures are supposed to be on the way and we will post them once we have them.
Friday, May 18, 2007
To Leave or Not to Leave
For anyone who is wondering whether we are leaving this weekend that is the question of the hour. We received our visas today and have airline tickets on hold for a flight tomorrow at 5:30pm. The catch is we have not received final confirmation to leave yet. Our caseworker said she will call us if we need to leave so we will have to wait till late morning before we know whether to book the flight. Please be praying as this is the last flight we can take with Delta and still get to Vietnam by Wed, Thurs or Fri (all the days they are currently targeting). After that we will have to frantically find an airline that is leaving Sun, Mon or possibly Tues and pay lots of money or we will be postponed another week or two. That's the latest craziness we find ourselves in. :)
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Almost Confirmed
We spoke with our case worker today and were told that they are working on the final confirmation. We got the go ahead to get our visas today and put airline tickets on hold. We hope to get confirmation in the next few days. We are hoping and praying our visas will come Thurs so we can fly out on Sat or Sun at the latest. Who said you can't leave the country for 3 weeks in just a few days?:)
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)


