Friday, July 13, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The next part of our adoption journey is about to begin. This morning we received a call that we have a confirmed ceremony date of July 23 and if we can get visas and plane tickets to get to Hanoi by Fri evening then we can see her in the orphange on Sat. July 21. We are so excited!!! It is difficult to find airline seats right now so we are praying God will somehow provide. We are confident that He will since He has walked us through this thus far. If everything goes according to plan then Jaidyn will officially be a part of the Bolton family on July 23. Then we will all hang out in Vietnam for another 3 weeks getting her passport and visa. Please pray this process goes smoothly and that there will be no more delays. We should be able to continue to post updates and photos in Vietnam so we will keep everyone posted.

The home stretch

There is hope that we are in the final weeks of waiting. We received an email that said that Phu Tho expects to be caught up with back logged families by the end of July. However we still do not have a confirmed date. We've been waiting 5 months surely we are one of the next families. We will keep everyone posted when we finally get confirmation. I am hopeful that it will be soon. Thanks for all your prayers. We are still sane so they are at least being answered that way.:)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Some News

Yesterday our caseworker emailed and said that Phu Tho is starting to schedule ceremonies for the back logged families. They expect that we could have a date by July 10th. Don't know if that means we could travel in the next few weeks or if we will just have a date for later in the month. We'll keep everyone posted.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Current status

Hi everyone. We have still not heard anything. There was a big meeting of the adoption authorities in Hanoi on Wed. It was to hopefully give the DIA (the top authority of adoptions in Vietnam) actual authority with the provinces. We are told that the head man at the DIA is working on getting ceremonies scheduled in Phu Tho for back logged families. We are still waiting to see what will come of all of that. Jaidyn will be 6 months tomorrow. Thanks for all your prayers we feel them and are very thankful for all the support.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Update

For those of you who are wondering we are still waiting. We no longer have a target date but an asap date. Our agency says they have given up targeting a date but are trying for as soon as possible, whatever that means. Apparently there are other families ahead of us from other adoption agencies but there is hope that we could be combined with their ceremony so who knows. I guess we are on stand by. Our bags are packed and we are ready to leave at a moments notice although we'll see what the plane situation is at that point, hopefully we'll have enough notice to get there on time b/c I think the other families are traveling from Hong Kong which is closer. It appears our frequent fliers are not going to work since it is heading into the busy time of summer and almost everything is blacked out. Hopefully some airline will give us cheap adoption fares on very short notice. :) It also appears that we will probably have to renew our visas if we do not leave soon.

I was up on and off all night praying and this morning I woke up with a song in my head. I'm not sure on the title just the line that "God will make a way where there seems to be no way." That is our promise that we are holding on to. Please continue to pray as we are on and off very frustrated and discouraged. Today is better as God has given me a promise to hold on to. :)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New pics

Well, we're still waiting for the green-light to leave (as we have been for a while now) and are still looking to leave any day. In the meantime they gave us a few updated pics of Jaidyn (Oanh).



Saturday, May 19, 2007

Get Ready, Get Ready and WAIT

For those of you who are wondering if we are flying at the moment the answer is no. We have been delayed another week. Our new target date is May 30. We are told they are meeting with officials tomorrow or Mon and hopefully this will be confirmed at that time. The problem is our frequent flier miles won't work next weekend since it is a holiday so we may be going really early or paying for flights. We have been told that the director of our agency visited Jaidyn's orphanage and she appears to be doing well. Pictures are supposed to be on the way and we will post them once we have them.